Andrew emigrated from Scotland in 1972 and settled in Kapuskasing Ontario to be the Radiologist for 5 hospitals in Northern Ontario.
Georgie was born in Timmins Ontario, and grew up in Ottawa. She became a Radiological Technologist and moved to Hearst Ontario where she met Andrew and they were married in 1975. They lived in Kapuskasing until 1984. They moved to Picton with their 3 children who were then aged 6,4, and 3.
Andrew was the Radiologist at PECMH and worked there for 26 years.
The children grew up in Picton where they attended Queen Elizabeth and PECI for their K-13 education. They left the county to spend time studying at various Universities and have since graduated and have settled elsewhere around North America.
There have been many caretakers of this grand old home over the years. It was originally constructed in 1902.
Many improvements were made to the home over the past 30 years by the Jamiesons. A back addition was constructed in 1987 over the “bomb shelter” which was initially built in the 1950s by the then owner, Dr. Richmond. A full size pool was also added in 1991 and it was also fully landscaped.
This home has been lovingly cared for over the years by Georgie and Andrew who have tried to keep it maintained in its’ same original style. It has been a place where many grand celebrations and events were enjoyed by the family and their friends. The Jamiesons have been blessed and enjoyed 30 years of love and shared lots of fun and happiness in this grand old home.
It is now time to welcome and wish the new owners many years of the same.